On my iPhone is a monthly feature on Strange & Charmed where I give you a peak into what I have been loving on my iPhone for the month! Covering topics like apps, games, podcasts, music, websites, books and more, I hope this series helps you all discover new and exciting content out there that can be enjoyed from your iPhone! To stay up to date with this series, make sure to follow the On My iPhone tag!
So this month, I have a bunch of fun iPhone related news for you all. In case you hadn’t noticed, I actually just recently upgraded to the iPhone 6 Plus for my birthday! It was a present to myself and also a much needed tool for my business ever since my iPhone 5 really started taking a turn for the worst. This month I also embraced a lot of fun apps I had always wanted to try and even brought back some oldies that I forgot that I loved so much!
Currently Playing, Headspace: This awesome app was a recommendation from Pat Flynn that I had to check out! It is a guided meditation app that basically helps you manage stress and live in the moment. I actually have really been enjoying the app, which is basically free for the first 10 sessions, but then you have some subscription options to get more guided meditation regularly. I think the plans are pretty well priced, especially for the fact that it really feels like you are in a one to one guided meditation session. Definitely check it out if you want to start meditating or get a little help from your iPhone.
Currently Reading, Flipboard: Okay, so Flipboard is an app, not a book, but I have been loving reading articles from it, none the less. This was actually one of my favorite apps once upon a time but for some reason I stopped using it. Now that I have rediscovered the app I can’t live without it. I try to read a few articles a day in the app, which you can customize to bring you a dedicated feed of articles that fit the topics you enjoy!
Currently Watching, West Wing: My husband and I are always looking for a new TV series to get involved with that is on demand so we don’t have to bother with TV schedules and all that jazz. We were thinking about it and realized that we really enjoyed political dramas, so we decided to start watching the West Wing, which is another throwback show that I used to watch years ago, but to be honest, I can’t remember much of what I watched, so this is like discovering a hidden gem! Definitely check it out if you were a West Wing fan or if you enjoy political dramas!
Currently Surfing, AlexBeadon.com: As you know, I am always on the lookout for great female entrepreneurs online that are hitting it out of the park. I love following them for inspiration, tips and insights, and I recently discovered Alex Beadon through a client. Alex is a photographer turned online entrepreneur who is something of a girl after my own heart. She shares her business tips and tricks via her blog and YouTube channel, so definitely check her out if your looking for great female business role models!
Currently Listening, The Power of Habit via Audible: I really enjoy audio books, but as you may already know, they are pretty pricey! I was actually surprised when I learned how affordable and practical an Audible membership was, for some reason I didn’t realize that once you downloaded an Audible book, its actually yours forever (I previously had thought you were essentially renting the audiobooks with your monthly membership) which really changed my perspective on the service and I just had to sign up! Luckily, I was also able to sign up with an incredible offer of not one, but TWO FREE BOOKS with my trial membership, so if you would like to give Audible a shot and would like to take advantage of this super offer, click here and sign up for free today!
iPhone Case, Kate Spade Diagonal Stripped Hybrid Case: Of course when I bought my new phone I had to get a new iPhone case to go along with it and I found this perfect case from Kate Spade at my local Best Buy! Unfortunately, it looks like the case is currently sold out, but if you’re looking for a similar case for your iPhone 6 Plus, check this one out from Kate Spade, it was my number two choice!
Things I Read & Loved
So now for the second part of this post, a selection of articles I read from around the web that I loved.
- 5 Weird Things Stress Is Doing To Your Body
- 25 Smart Ways To Increase Your Blog Comments
- 5 Real Ways to Actually Make Money Online
- 6 Ways to Make Money with Advertising on Your Blog and the Websites to Help You
- 5 Questions To Ask Yourself If You Want To Be An Entrepreneur
- How to become someone worth talking to, or even better, worth talking about
- Is Your Strategy A Compelling Story People Understand?
- How To Brand Yourself As An Expert In Your Field In 10 Steps
- 10 Steps to a Zen Lifestyle
- Coffee Shop Marketing – How Small Businesses Beat The Competition
- Six Successful Strategies For Adopting A New Habit
- 6 Tips To Make A Positive First Impression On Social Media
- Top Web Design Trends for 2015
- When Men and Women Talk About Work-Life Balance, Are We Talking About Different Things?
- 3 Apps to Help Manage Your Crazy Busy Work Life
- How Steve Jobs Trained His Own Brain
- David Allen’s 3 Best Tricks for Saving Time
- How America’s Education Model Kills Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- 30 Pictures to Boost Your Creativity
- THE MANAGER WHO BLOGGED HIS TEAM TO HAPPINESS AND PRODUCTIVITY
- 5 ways for busy women to boost their spiritual life. (Strictly no meditation)
- 5 ways to validate your startup ideas with $100
- The 10 Everyday Secrets of Happy, Healthy Women
- Lean in, lean back: Can a female founder of a tech company have it all?
- 30 Mac SEO tools to boost your website’s traffic
- 12 Daily Habits: The Art of Creating a Brand-New You
- 7 Ways to Find Balance When You’re Feeling Lost and Overwhelmed